PRODUCTION AND DESIGN ASSISTANT - PART TIME
We are looking for an experienced design assistant to join our small dynamic team at Kindling HQ in Brunswick East. You will work alongside the designer to develop the technical aspects of four seasonal clothing collections per year. You love independent Australian fashion and feel great about being an important member of an ethical brand. You know how important attention to detail and precision is to manufacturing success.
Must be available at least two full workdays per week with option for more.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of construction and technical skills
- Fibre and fabric knowledge, with eagerness to learn more
- An eye for detail and aesthetics
- High level computer literacy including spreadsheets, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build amazing relationships
- An enthusiastic and friendly manner
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- An ability to handle a wide range of tasks in a condensed period
- Aptitude for working with people or alone as a valuable member of a close-knit team
- The ability to see what needs to be done and do it
- Ideal candidate is enthusiastic with a can-do attitude - diligent, punctual and well presented.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using your exceptional technical skills to support the designer to developing ranges
- Creating technical packs from samples for production ensuring garment fit, construction and specifications.
- Ensure garment measurements are within specifications
- Create accurate technical specification drawings
- Developing relationships and communicating effectively within the supply chain
Managing shipment intake and QC ensuring style is compliant in all aspects of quality
Industry specific degree or proven experience in this field.
We will provide:
- Ongoing training and development
- An opportunity to work alongside the designer and insight into running a successful independent clothing label
- Be a part of an enthusiastic and tight-knit team with a big heart
- An opportunity to work with beautiful unique products.
To apply, please include a cover letter with your resume and address the following questions -
- Describe Kindling to your friend, what is our business about?
- Tell us why you would like to join the Kindling team?
- Share your favourite fabric and why you love it.