Casual Sales Person
Casual Sales Person
We are looking for an experienced sales professional to join our dynamic team in our store and at pop-up events for the busy Spring/Summer and Christmas period, and beyond. You will be the face of Kindling introducing customers to our brand, and helping them discover garments, accessories and objects to suit their needs. You love design and feel great about representing Kindling and the other Australian designers in our collection. You know how important having great customer experience is and bring awesome sales skills, bright personality and passion for small creative enterprise to the role.
Must be available some Fridays and Saturdays.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Proven sales experience in similar businesses
- Enthusiasm to deliver exceptional customer service
- A passion for clothing and design
- Fibre and fabric knowledge, with eagerness to learn more
- An eye for detail and aesthetics
- Fantastic verbal communication skills
- High level computer literacy including spreadsheets
- An enthusiastic and friendly manner
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- An ability to handle a wide range of tasks in a condensed period
- Aptitude for working with people or alone as a valuable member of a close-knit team
- The ability to see what needs to be done and do it
- Ideal candidate is enthusiastic with a can-do attitude - diligent, punctual and well presented.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using your exceptional customer service and sales skills to achieve results whilst also building customer relationships through a memorable customer experience
- Managing stock levels using spreadsheets and POS you will keep the store stocked
- Managing day to day dispatch of online and wholesale orders
- Working alongside the designer and retail team to help run an efficient, customer-focused retail environment
- Ensuring all sales-related admin is completed in an organised, timely and efficient manner
- Assisting with with merchandising and inventory management of the showroom
We will provide:
- Ongoing training and development
- An opportunity to work alongside the designer gaining insight into the workings of a successful independent clothing label
- Be a part of an enthusiastic and tight-knit team
- An opportunity to work with beautiful unique products
- A chance to be involved with and champion our local community of artists, designers and makers.
To apply, please include a cover letter with your resume and address the following questions:
- Describe Kindling to your friend, what is our business about?
- Tell us about a memorable sales experience you have provided?
- Tell us why you would like to join the Kindling team?